In this episode, Paul, Antoine and Yaum are joined by the amazing (his words) Captain Spud, amateur sculptor extraordinaire. We chat hobby, gaming, and you guessed it, traditional sculpting. So sit back, relax, grab a paintbrush and enjoy the show!
4:58 – Hobby Time
34:11 – Hobby Tip of the Episode
38:47 – Listener question
49:23 – Main Topic: Sculpting with the amazing Captain Spud
1:53:11 – Closing
Main topic: Sculpting with the amazing Captain Spud
- Epoxy putty (Green Stuff, Brown Stuff, ProCreate, etc)
- Polymer Clay (Fimo + Fimo MixQuick, Sculpey, Beesputty, etc)
- Privateer sculpting tools: http://privateerpress.com/content/sculpting-set
- Colour shapers: http://www.dickblick.com/products/colour-shapers-tools/
- Wine corks (actual cork, not rubber)
- Wire – 20ga aluminum & 22ga (or smaller) brass
- Super glue
- Tiny needle nose pliers
- Pin vice
- XActo – round: http://images.utrechtart.com/products/optionRegular/XActo/X-Acto-Blade-Curved-Carving-Large-22-49279_X.jpg
- Vinyl placemat
- Decent oven
- Reaper advanced dollies: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/75002/sku-down/75002
- Hasslefree armatures: http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=accessories~converting
- Patrick Keith’s Skeleton Armature Guide: http://www.patrickkeith.com/2010/03/armatures.html
- Coelasquid’s guide to Basic Anatomy: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/images/drawingstuff.jpg
- Coelasquid’s guide to Torso Muscles: http://coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/Abdomination-How-to-draw-beef-132538271
- Yourself in a mirror eeeeeeeww!
- Miniature Mentor sculpting tutorials (about ? down): http://miniaturementor.com/painting_tutorials.html
- 1listsculpting yahoo group
We’re part of the United Geeks Network. Check out their other great shows!
Intro music is Aggressor by Free Stock Music.
Breaks and outro music by La Drave.
- The Geeks